Intelligent Insurer round table
Amid concerns that artificial intelligence could result in job losses across the industry, re/insurers speaking at an Intelligent Insurer roundtable in London aimed to suppress some of those fears by highlighting the value of AI with tried and tested examples.
- Irfan Akhtar, head of ReMetrica for Life, Health & Pensions, Aon Analytics
- Greg Brown, founding partner, Oxbow Partners
- Ben Canagaretna, group chief actuary, Barbican Insurance Group
- Craig Civil, head of data innovation, Lloyd’s
- Adrien Cohen, co-founder, Tractable
- Paul Delbridge, London Market insurance leader, PwC UK
- Adrian Rands, CEO, QuanTemplate
- Will Thorne, innovation leader, The Channel Syndicate
- Chair: Wyn Jenkins, Intelligent Insurer
The pressure on companies to explore AI—is this internal or external? Have large budgets been allocated?
Will Thorne: It’s very difficult to speak on behalf of other insurers and reinsurers, so I won’t try! We set up the innovation division at Channel about a year and a half ago, and various other innovation initiatives have been introduced across the SCOR group since then. There is a tremendous awareness at board level and throughout the company of how technology can change what we do, and exploring artificial intelligence (AI) is a part of that.
To continue reading, you need a subscription to Intelligent Insurer. Start a subscription today for £655.
In-house feature articles, the archive and expert comment require a paid subscription. Subscribe now.
Want to give it a try? We are offering a two week free trial to the Intelligent Insurer website – register and select “Two Week Free Trial” to begin access to the full Intelligent Insurer archive and read the latest news, features and expert comment. Begin your free trial here.
Is your 2 week free trial about to end? Upgrade to a 12 month subscription for £655 now.
If you have already subscribed please login.
If you have any technical issues please contact support.
Artificial Intelligence, Intelligent Insurer, Lloyd's, The Channel Syndicate, Aon, Oxbow Partners, Tractable, Barbican, QuanTemplate, PwC, London, UK