Bermuda has been sent a questionnaire by the EU which could potentially result in the jurisdiction being defined as a tax haven with negative consequences for its re/insurance industry, but the country’s Ministry of Finance explained to Intelligent Insurer why such a scenario would not be justified.
- Hong Kong devises plan to fend off Singapore’s insurance hub ambitions 17-08-2017
- Reinsurance MGAs may be the next step in the intermediary market 14-08-2017
- New Munich Re CEO sees profits lingering for a while 09-08-2017
- Swiss Re CEO seeks life deals as P&C remains unattractive 04-08-2017
- Industry of opportunity 01-08-2017
Latest reinsurance news
US property/casualty reinsurers enjoyed growth in their gross written premiums in the first six months of the year, according to a survey of 18 reinsurers’ statutory underwriting results conducted by the Reinsurance Association of America (RAA).