The impact of the low interest rate environment has yet to test the robustness of both life and non-life re/insurers as the effect slowly trickles down on companies’ balance sheets, increasingly impacting results, according to Moody’s.
- Four innovations in flood technology the industry must grasp 26-04-2017
- The unhealthy path of reinsurance as described by Willis Re’s Vickers 21-04-2017
- Artificial intelligence: a game-changer for risk transfer 13-04-2017
- Traditional reinsurance model threatened by commoditisation 11-04-2017
- Pool Re reacts to ‘major’ threat of nuclear and radiological attacks 06-04-2017
Latest reinsurance news
Interest rates globally remain very low and will further pressure insurers' investment returns in the next few years. For non-life insurers this will mean falling investment income, but for life insurers the insolvency risk is rising, according to Moody’s.
- Towergate manages turnaround in 2016 27-04-2017