With implementation of the European General Data Protection Regulation looming, companies could be faced with hefty penalties should they not meet the new data security demands. Many firms are unprepared but there is also the possibility the fines could be insured, meaning this is now a double-edged sword for insurers. Intelligent Insurer investigates.
- Pressure mounts on motor insurers to reinvent themselves 20-07-2017
- Swiss Re bets on insurtech to boost Russian insurance market 14-07-2017
- Stephen Catlin looks for a new job 06-07-2017
- AI may help insurers win the cyber-crime war 30-06-2017
- Insurers grapple with growing demand for cover against intangible risks 23-06-2017
Latest technology news
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has appointed Vanessa Maxwell as head of professional indemnity and cyber insurance, and Tom Dilley as head of financial institutions in Southern Europe.