The performance of the reinsurance sector shows a clear trend of deterioration as the soft market squeezes profitability. While traditional reinsurers return capital to shareholders due to a lack of profitable business opportunities, alternative capital remains keen for opportunities to invest – potentially making the situation worse, suggests James Vickers, chairman of Willis Re International.
- Artificial intelligence: a game-changer for risk transfer 13-04-2017
- Traditional reinsurance model threatened by commoditisation 11-04-2017
- Technological change to force re/insurance to innovate at a macro level 22-03-2017
- Re/insurance executives need to embrace change at a micro level 21-03-2017
- Munich Re reveals its strategy to generate new business 16-03-2017
Latest technology news
Insurance software provider VIPR has launched a new offering, in collaboration with global consulting group JDX, that provides end-to-end management of its bordereaux systems to ensure a simplified and efficient approach for clients’ IT needs with an emphasis in the area of delegated authority.
- Allianz becomes stakeholder in Lemonade 20-04-2017