Amlin has increased its interest in Leadenhall Capital Partners (LCP), an investment manager in re/insurance-linked securities, to 75 percent.
Amlin established Leadenhall in a joint venture with LCP’s individual partners in 2008.
Under the terms of the agreement, Amlin will increase its current 40 percent interest in the business to 75 percent. The remaining 25 percent interest will continue to be held by the individual partners of LCP.
Charles Philipps, chief executive of Amlin, said: “Since its original seed investment in Leadenhall Capital Partners, Amlin has supported LCP’s strong growth to approximately $1.8 billion of assets under management as of today.
“During this time LCP and Amlin have developed significant synergies, which have helped to differentiate Amlin’s re/insurance client proposition from its competitors as well as strengthening LCP’s market position.
“As alternative capital becomes an increasingly prominent feature of re/insurance markets, I expect Amlin’s increased interest in LCP to support its continued growth and further enhance co-operation and synergies between our businesses.”
John Wells, chairman of Leadenhall, and Luca Albertini, chief executive officer and chief information officer of Leadenhall, said: “We are delighted to have agreed the basis for the next stage of our development with Amlin. Our innovative joint venture has served our investor base well since 2008, combining independent capital markets skills with the power and reach of a major re/insurer.
“This agreement on ownership and structure for the foreseeable future will provide a stable platform for growth, while ensuring the independence of investment decision making and a strong alignment between the management team and our investors.”
To continue reading, you need a subscription to Intelligent Insurer. Start a subscription today for £655.
In-house feature articles, the archive and expert comment require a paid subscription. Subscribe now.
Want to give it a try? We are offering a two week free trial to the Intelligent Insurer website – register and select “Two Week Free Trial” to begin access to the full Intelligent Insurer archive and read the latest news, features and expert comment. Begin your free trial here.
Is your 2 week free trial about to end? Upgrade to a 12 month subscription for £655 now.
If you have already subscribed please login.
If you have any technical issues please contact support.
Amlin, Leadenhall Capital Partners, Europe