Despite a multitude of other catastrophes in 2018, the single biggest loss event for reinsurers was so-called loss creep from 2017’s Hurricane Irma. Dirk Lohmann of Schroders examines what went wrong and what the industry must learn.
- Selling the benefits of diversity 28-02-2019
- Spooked ILS investors have become wary of which funds they trust 13-02-2019
- A fresh start for the new year 21-01-2019
- Why 2019 looks promising for reinsurers 15-01-2019
- BMA: ILS continues to surge forward 20-12-2018
Latest ils news
Markel said it is “incredibly optimistic” about the future of its insurance linked securities (ILS) business despite ongoing investigations into recorded loss reserves at CATCo and its subsidiaries.