Lloyd’s of London made a heavy loss in 2017 after being hit hard by the US hurricane season. While this may have been expected due to the market’s gearing towards US natural catastrophes, Lloyd’s top executives are now urging the market to boost profits by curbing costs and being more cautious with its risk selection.
- Brexit uncertainty frightens insurers as negotiations on multi-year contracts stall 16-03-2018
- Sirius picks growth segments as it aims to attract investors 14-03-2018
- XL deal changes AXA's DNA into that of a P&C player 05-03-2018
- AmTrust goes private as it seeks to reverse decline 02-03-2018
- What’s hidden behind AIG’s $6.1bn 2017 loss 22-02-2018
Latest insurance news
Improved insurance underwriting and lower tax rate are expected to boost Berkshire Hathaway’s operating income in the first quarter of 2018, according to Morgan Stanley analysts.