Eighteen months since it walked away from a bidding war for PartnerRe, Axis Capital has completed a new deal with Novae. Albert Benchimol, chief executive of Axis Capital, explains to Intelligent Insurer why the company has never diverted from plan A, his view on third party capital and why he will sometimes send a client a cheque before a claim has been made.
- ILS in Europe: New hubs, new structures, new risks 19-10-2017
- No hiding place: the technology firms ready to become insurers 18-10-2017
- Speaking cyber cover to power 18-10-2017
- Fear of flying: Assessing drone risks 18-10-2017
- The rise of the MGA incubator 17-10-2017
Latest insurance news
Swiss Re said on Oct. 20 that it estimates combined losses from the hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria and the earthquakes in Mexico in the third quarter of 2017 to be approximately $3.6 billion, net of retrocession and before tax.