QBE European Operations is a specialist business insurer and reinsurer. We’re big enough to make a difference, small enough to be fleet of foot. A large part of the modern world depends on our cover; we have customers as varied as bus and coach fleet operators and major international infrastructure consortiums. For them, we’re the buffer between the best-laid plans and uncertain reality.
QBE European Operations
30 Fenchurch Street
+ 44 (0) 207 105 4000
Matthew Crane, Executive Director of Market Management - Matthew.Crane@uk.qbe.com
QBE Insurance Group - the world’s leading international insurers and reinsurers and Standard & Poor’s A+ rated.
As a business insurance specialist, QBE European Operations offers a range of products from the standard suite of property, casualty and motor to the specialist financial lines, marine and energy. All are tailored to the individual needs of our small, medium and large client base. We work hard with our broker partners to understand clients’ businesses so that we offer insurance solutions that meet their needs – from complex programmes to simpler e-trading solutions – and support them in minimising their risk exposures.
All of our clients also benefit from our range of added-value services. Our Risk Solutions team offers practical, technical advice to reduce clients’ exposure to risk; our Claims team is alert to attempts to defraud our clients through exaggerated or fictitious claims and has an excellent track record of success; and our Rehabilitation team can help your employees back to work more quickly, and thereby reduce the cost of employee absence.
We are also one of the largest underwriters at Lloyd’s across the spectrum of insurance and reinsurance risks. This means you have the choice of Lloyd’s or QBE company paper when you work with us; you decide what is right for your business.
What makes us different?
• Proactive approach: we’re known for our willingness to consider difficult risks that others won’t write, as well as our energy and ability to come up with creative solutions.
• Empowered underwriters: our underwriters have local authority to make decisions, so they’re able to respond quickly and efficiently.
• Support when you need it most: in the event of a claim, you will see for yourself why our Claims team has a deserved reputation for the professional, efficient and sympathetic way they work with brokers and customers.
• Risk management expertise: our hands-on risk management support can help you reduce your claims and lower your premiums.
• Comprehensive product range: with hundreds of products, we are able to cover most business risks worldwide.
• Business focus: specialising in business insurance means we understand your issues, so whatever you’re experiencing, we’ve almost certainly seen it before and can come up with a solution.
• Global reach: we are a significant part of the QBE Insurance Group – one of the world’s top insurers and reinsurers, with operations in 37 countries worldwide.
• Community support: under our innovative Premiums4Good initiative, we can invest 25 per cent of your premium in investments that benefit communities or the environment, such as social impact bonds or green bonds.
Lines of business:
QBE employs around 14,500 employees, with operations in 36 countries, providing insurance to policyholders in more than 140 countries, including:
United Arab Emirates