Intelligent Insurer round table
Amid concerns that artificial intelligence could result in job losses across the industry, re/insurers speaking at an Intelligent Insurer roundtable in London aimed to suppress some of those fears by highlighting the value of AI with tried and tested examples.
- Irfan Akhtar, head of ReMetrica for Life, Health & Pensions, Aon Analytics
- Greg Brown, founding partner, Oxbow Partners
- Ben Canagaretna, group chief actuary, Barbican Insurance Group
- Craig Civil, head of data innovation, Lloyd’s
- Adrien Cohen, co-founder, Tractable
- Paul Delbridge, London Market insurance leader, PwC UK
- Adrian Rands, CEO, QuanTemplate
- Will Thorne, innovation leader, The Channel Syndicate
- Chair: Wyn Jenkins, Intelligent Insurer
The pressure on companies to explore AI—is this internal or external? Have large budgets been allocated?
Will Thorne: It’s very difficult to speak on behalf of other insurers and reinsurers, so I won’t try! We set up the innovation division at Channel about a year and a half ago, and various other innovation initiatives have been introduced across the SCOR group since then. There is a tremendous awareness at board level and throughout the company of how technology can change what we do, and exploring artificial intelligence (AI) is a part of that.
Artificial Intelligence, Intelligent Insurer, Lloyd's, The Channel Syndicate, Aon, Oxbow Partners, Tractable, Barbican, QuanTemplate, PwC, London, UK