Eighteen months since it walked away from a bidding war for PartnerRe, Axis Capital has completed a new deal with Novae. Albert Benchimol, chief executive of Axis Capital, explains to Intelligent Insurer why the company has never diverted from plan A, his view on third party capital and why he will sometimes send a client a cheque before a claim has been made.
- Buyers want no surprises 18-10-2017
- The rise of the MGA incubator 17-10-2017
- Reinsurers hanging tough 16-10-2017
- EU-US Covered Agreement: Covering all bases—except Brexit 13-10-2017
- Greenlight Re: Proving the pundits wrong 10-10-2017
Latest reinsurance news
Swiss Re said on Oct. 20 that it estimates combined losses from the hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria and the earthquakes in Mexico in the third quarter of 2017 to be approximately $3.6 billion, net of retrocession and before tax.