Equity raises are increasing as pandemic pressures bite - but the future winners and losers are far from clear
As the pandemic stress test continues, re/insurers are preparing for what comes next, including expectations of a hardening market. This is driving a growing trend for equity raises, with some building war chests and some taking advantage of new opportunities, while others look to protect their credit rating in a fight for survival. Intelligent Insurer reports.
- How COVID-19 insured losses map across to company exposures 30-04-2020
- COVID-19: the unintended consequences of suspended dividends 17-04-2020
- Swiss Re: lessons from the parallels between COVID-19 and climate change 09-04-2020
- Deposing King Coal - the ESG future for re/insurance 09-04-2020
- INTERVIEW: Forced retroactive business interruption ‘not same’ as TRIA 08-04-2020
Latest reinsurance news
The move is in response to a 'shortage of capacity' in harder-to-place areas of the E&S lines market.