Intelligent Insurer round table in London
An Intelligent Insurer roundtable in London gathered a panel of experts to discuss the growth and future of the insurance-linked securities markets in Europe. They discussed the role of European investors, European risks and the potential for more domiciles.
1. Luca Albertini, chief executive officer, Leadenhall Capital Partners
2. Richard Godfrey, head of traded ILS at Securis Investment Partners
3. Malcolm Newman, chair of the London Market Group’s ILS Taskforce, EMEA Hub managing director, SCOR
4. David Pedlow, director of client services, JLT Advisory
5. Des Potter, managing director and head of GC Securities, EMEA, Guy Carpenter
6. Darren Redhead, chief executive officer, Kinesis Capital Management
7. Dominic Wheatley, chief executive, Guernsey Finance
Moderator: Wyn Jenkins, managing editor, Intelligent Insurer
Note: This roundtable took place before the UK government released details of new regulations designed to allow the UK to capture a share of the ILS market. The regulations, which the UK government said will “introduce a competitive regulatory and tax regime for ILS”, were due to come into force shortly after the summer recess.
Leadenhall Capital Partners, Securis Investment Partners, SCOR, JLT Advisory, Kinesis Capital Management, Guy Carpenter, Guernsey Finance, ILS, Europe